You are becoming.
Give Yourself Grace:
You Are Growing More Than You Realize
One of the hardest people to be kind to is ourselves.
We often extend grace to everyone around us. We encourage our friends when they make mistakes. We remind our loved ones that tomorrow is another day. We comfort those who feel discouraged.
Yet, when it comes to ourselves, we become our own harshest critics.
We replay our mistakes.
We dwell on missed opportunities.
We compare our progress to everyone else's.
And before we know it, we begin believing that we are not doing enough or becoming enough.
I know that feeling.
There have been moments in my own journey when I questioned whether I was growing at all. I looked at how far I still had to go instead of how far God had already brought me.
I forgot that healing isn't measured by perfection.
It's measured by progress.
Sometimes we expect ourselves to heal quickly. We believe that after a certain amount of time, we should have everything together. But healing doesn't work according to our schedules.
Some wounds take longer to mend.
Some lessons take longer to learn.
And that's okay.
God is not rushing your healing.
He is walking with you through it.
I've learned that growth often happens quietly.
It happens every time you choose forgiveness instead of bitterness.
Every time you pray instead of giving up.
Every time you get back up after a difficult day.
Those moments may seem small, but they are shaping the person you are becoming.
The truth is, you are growing in ways you cannot always see.
Just as a tree develops strong roots beneath the ground before anyone notices its height, God is strengthening your heart in ways that will become visible in time.
So don't be discouraged if your progress feels slow.
Slow growth is still growth.
One verse that has encouraged me through many seasons is:
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." — 2 Corinthians 12:9
God never asked you to be perfect.
He asked you to trust Him.
His grace is enough for your weaknesses, your doubts, your fears, and even your failures.
That means you don't have to carry the pressure of having everything figured out.
You can rest in the knowledge that God is still working in you.
Today, I want to encourage you to speak to yourself the way God speaks to you—with love, patience, and hope.
Celebrate the small victories.
Be proud of the progress you've made.
Forgive yourself for the days you struggled.
And remember that every new day is another opportunity to grow.
Today, I choose grace over guilt.
I choose patience over pressure.
I choose to believe that God is working in me, even when I cannot see the full picture.
If you're feeling discouraged today, don't give up.
You are not behind.
You are not forgotten.
You are not failing.
You are becoming.
And one day, you'll look back and realize that every difficult step, every tear, and every prayer was part of the beautiful work God was doing in your life.
Keep trusting Him.
Keep growing.
Keep believing.
Because the person you are becoming is worth every step of the journey.

Comments
Post a Comment