Learning to let go
Learning to Let Go:
Releasing What You Were Never Meant to Carry
For a long time, I carried all of these with me.
I thought holding on would somehow protect me. I believed that if I replayed every conversation, every mistake, and every painful memory, I could change the past.But no matter how hard I tried, yesterday remained the same.The only thing that changed was me.The more I held on, the more exhausted I became.It wasn't until I surrendered those burdens to God that I realized something life-changing:
Some things were never mine to carry.
We often hold on because we're afraid.Afraid that letting go means giving up.Afraid that moving on means we didn't care.Afraid that releasing the pain means the hurt didn't matter.But letting go isn't forgetting.It's not pretending the pain never happened.It's not saying what happened was fair.Letting go is choosing peace over constant struggle.It's trusting that God can carry what has become too heavy for us.
One of the hardest things to release is control.
We want answers.
We want justice.
We want people to apologize.
We want life to make sense.
But not everything will happen the way we hope.
And that's where faith begins.
Faith says, "God, I don't understand, but I trust You."
That question changed my perspective.
Instead of staying trapped in bitterness, I began to notice how God was strengthening my character.
Instead of focusing on what I had lost, I started appreciating what remained.
Instead of allowing pain to define me, I allowed God to refine me.
Letting go doesn't happen all at once.
Some days you'll release your worries with confidence.
Other days you'll find yourself picking them back up.
That's okay.
Healing is a daily choice.
Every morning, you can decide to place your burdens back into God's hands.
Jesus gives us this beautiful invitation:
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." — Matthew 11:28
Notice that He doesn't say, "Carry it by yourself."
He says, "Come to Me."
What a comforting reminder.
God never intended for us to carry every burden alone.
He invites us to exchange our anxiety for His peace, our fear for His strength, and our heaviness for His rest.
Today, I choose to let go of what I cannot control.
I choose to release the guilt that God has already forgiven.
I choose to stop carrying the opinions of people who do not define my worth.
I choose to trust God's plan, even when I cannot see the full picture.
If you're holding onto something that has been weighing your heart down, I want to encourage you today.
Release it.
Release the guilt.
Release the bitterness.
Release the fear.
Release the need to have every answer.
You don't have to carry everything.
God is strong enough to hold what is too heavy for you.
As you let go, you'll discover something beautiful.
Your hands become empty enough to receive the peace, joy, and hope that God has been waiting to give you all along.
Remember this:
You are not weak because you need God's help.
You are wise enough to know that some burdens are too heavy to carry alone.
Thank you for walking this journey with me. My prayer is that today you will experience the freedom that comes from letting go and trusting God with every part of your story.
Sometimes the greatest act of faith is simply opening your hands and saying,
"Lord, this belongs to You now."

Comments
Post a Comment